Tuesday, January 01, 2008

31st Dec.

So much of hoopla and hype... New year comes and goes as always and we do not let 31st Dec. go away without boisterous merrymaking. What's so special about 31st? Is it another reason for revelers to booze off? Is it another 'marketing day'? Is it a day for making resolutions ( and in my case, never try keeping them)? Is it a day to see celebrities flaunting all the way? Is it a day of retrospecting 'all that happened' in last year and hoping to perform better in the coming year? What is it exactly?

I went to see few of my friends yesterday who came from Bangalore and had a chat with them. Being a person who likes to eat variety of food and also love to see people celebrating, as usual I went to Fergusson College (FC) Road and Jangli Maharaj (JM) Road. Had some food in a Maharastrian Restaurant and then went on walking to see the 'glimpses of crowd'. This is undoubtedly ONE OF THE REASONS of being there at FC and JM. Missed some of my old friends very much as they are either not in India or Pune. Somehow this 31st was much boring than earlier ones, may be because I am doing the same thing again and again. No special places to go with special people, no fun as such makes it a stereotyped 31st. It would have been far better if I would have celebrated it at my home in Nagar. At least I might had a chance to eat some special recipes of my mother. It is really fun watching Marathi Programs with her on TV. I missed it very much this time. We were planning to go for a movie but people did not turn up on time and plans went awry.

So, in all a boring 31st Dec, but I pray that this new year will come with lots of surprises and with much of the fun....

Wish you a very happy new year!!!!

6 comments:

Mohsin said...

"Boredom represents a temporary disconnect from the Universe"
I forgot who said that :-)

Onkar said...

A wise man said that...
;-)

Mohsin said...

thank you dude..
waise tum bhi kuch bure nahi ho ;-)

Onkar said...

Oh oo...
You are thanking a wrong person, I googled for some similar statement and found that its a saying of a wise man. I did not want to say that YOU are that WISE man... ;-)
Anyways, you don't need to have a certificate for your wisdom. You have already proved it.

Anonymous said...

btw whoz that special person u wanted to celebrate ur new year with...

Onkar said...

@paresh,
You see, the special person changes every year... :-), anyways, its a top secret, can't share it on blog, meet me, will tell you