Thursday, February 14, 2008

V'day Special

Well, I could not come up with any other name than this one for a post. As it is 14th Feb and I do not have anything to chew on, thought of writing something about Valentine's day.

For someone who is enamored about someone else, this day may carry lot of importance. But for me, who is 'happy to be single' this is just another regular day... Today morning, my friend Harshad analyzed the current situation and explained the reasons behind my 'single hood' ( I am unaware if English dictionary has this kind of word in it, but will still use it.) I admit that there are very few girls in my friend circle, but almost all ( without some dignified exceptions ) boys fall in the lukhha category. I am writing this post to just remind them that it is neither a high time nor end of the road. We still have got lot of time in our hands. I realized that people might get disappointed while seeing others seeing each other but there is nothing to worry about it. So, today/tonight if you happened /happen to see a couple getting cozy with each other, don't take it personally. Today it has happened with someone else, tomorrow it could happen with you too...

Generally, there is a common myth ( of course , amongst my friends) that, it needs a lot of time / money / ... to get someone fall for you. I totally disagree with this because likings are all relative. Someone might like your nature, other might get impressed with your face, someone with your overall personality. So, you never know who likes what. Today if you are changing yourself just to please others then it will be a biggest defeat ever, if someone really likes you, he / she should accept you as you are. And who cares? We are enjoying every moment of being single. One day, everyone is going to get married and going away from this phase of life. Instead of craving for these wonderful days then, shouldn't we enjoy right now? I mean, it's so nice. You don't have to ask anyone before doing anything, you can come home anytime you like, can wear same jeans for two months without ever washing it, can grow hairs like hippies used to do, can hang out with friends late night, can do whatever you want to without bothering about social etiquettes.

This is heaven... Why should we spoil a life of a free bird ? Consider this, how about watching Friends / Football or Cricket or Tennis matches / Movies all over the night than going out with your girlfriend to some boring place ?

My message to all singles : We are leaving in paradise, so enjoy your life as it's going to change one day when you will starve for these days.

To hell with Valentine's day ;-)

10 comments:

Swati said...

Onkar's essay on why he is happy being single on Valentine's day:) On the other days he is too busy getting distracted and losing balance... especially in lifts ;-) ;-)

Mohsin said...

So, today/tonight if you happened happen to see a couple getting cozy with each other, don't take it personally. Today it has happened with someone else, tomorrow it could happen with you too...

and the thought scares the hell out of me..[:D]

Onkar said...

@swati,
I agree that there were and are times when I was and am off balance but I still love to be single. ;-)

@mohsin
don't get scared, that line was not meant for you :D

Anonymous said...

.. was, am and will be off balance right?

Onkar said...

@anonymous,
well, no one can be confident about the future ... right?

Anonymous said...

yes the uncertainty principle forbids that..
unless Bohm has his way..

Anonymous said...

hey onkar, mi pahila anamik, dusra kon te mahit nahi :-)

Onkar said...

@satish,
thanks for disclosing your identity. Dear anonymous #2, will you please let us know who you are? Being anonymous will not serve the purpose, it will be great if you could share your real name with us.

Mohsin said...

me dusara..
sorry I was too lazy to log in..

Onkar said...

@mohsin,
kudos to your laziness...