Saturday, September 27, 2008

Celebration !

Birthdays are always special occasions. And they become even more special when you celebrate them outside your home country. You meet some people just before arriving to a new place and get mixed up so easily that you never feel like staying with some strangers. That's the magic of friendship , I must say. My room mates celebrated my 25th birthday with such an enthusiasm that I almost forgot I am doing it away from home. Last time it was like a very quite kind of thing, with some of my best friends and yesterday it was with my new mates here in US.

Early in the morning ( FYI it was 10 in the morning, but that's still too early for me ! if you don't think it's true, ask each of my room mate how do we get ourselves going for algorithm's classes ) I got a call from Aai , so my day started with the best wishes of the loveliest person in my life. You know, we generally don't appreciate these phones and internet , maybe because they are overused and commonplace things now, but when someone calls you from thousands of miles, I still get a great feeling while talking to them. So after a long gtalk conversion of 1 hour ( I must write a testimonial for Google now ) and followed by a call from Aaba, I lazily started getting ready for routine.

After some greeting calls , at night we had a small get together with friends around and had fun ! Here is how I looked,

pardon me for the close up smile, but can't help, - with tooth wide open is my style ( people suggested to take bath and wear new clothes but didn't agree since I don't want to loose the original and non formal touch ... aah ! you are right, that was just a sincere attempt to hide my old lazy habits ) and I know, I am having a really bad haircut, but if you see - 12 $ is much worth considering than the time frame for which you look really messy ( due to the hair cut ), the catch here is people think of you as a person who is so busy in his assignments and projects that he doesn't care to take a look at mirror . I really look terrific without my glasses, you know when I saw this picture, I felt proud of my decision of wearing the glasses all the time, otherwise people here get frightened easily and could call 911 anytime they see me around :-D

comments , suggestions on new hair cut, on new resolutions ...
anyone ?

5 comments:

Mohsin said...

you look truly happy..
that heartening..
as for the 'bad hair cut' (tm), you know who the champ is ;-)

Unknown said...

did I just read blog about your picture? ;) kidding..

everybody looks good on their b'day.. so dont worry..
Happy B'day !

Sooraj Purandare said...

well had fun on u r birth day....
But are u sure it was the 25th i tht it was the 75th.....


jus kiddin...
wish u loads of happiness in all the years to come and may u hv many more rockin bdays

sagar said...

Zzzzzzz.......
seems like ur 15th Birthday..
sorry bout this

Unknown said...

with due respect {as an elderly... hehehe :D] I think the hair cut is not that bad.....
And about the spects anyways u wear them or dont people will still call 911 ...... hehehehehe ;)))))