Friday, July 03, 2009

Tandoori night

Yesterday - Thursday, July 02, 2009 will be remembered as The Miraculous Day in the history of 207 Main Street. With the grace of Almighty and under the veteran guidance of a room mate Sushrut, coupled with a supreme power of world wide web; I cooked the first dish of my life -Tandoori Chicken. For those who do not think it as an extraordinary achievement for me, I will have to share some glimpses of my past.

I came to Binghamton in August 2008 and since then till yesterday I haven't cooked a single dish. I know, this is not something to be proud of but my room mates are so caring that they did not allow me to cook for last two semesters. Or if you see from other angle, they did not want to take risk of "swallowing" the food that I cooked. You see, medicines and clinical checkups are very costly here. This doesn't mean I was not helping in kitchen - but I was more of a rookie , just another guy who can "cut" vegetables, onions and anything for that matter. But now, I could be the most important person in the kitchen - someone who understands howto's of cooking. With this feather of "cook" in my hat, a sense of independence passed my mind. I felt like a free man after getting my first job, but the feeling of seeing myself as a cook was much stronger. Now that I can stand tall on my own feet, I don't have to listen to the blabbering of Sooraj, Sachin, Anurag and Rohan. No longer I will be known as a man who eats boiled eggs all (any ?) time !

I got a kind help from my room mates in this venture and also this link was really helpful in setting up the oven's temperature and adding some extra seasoning that we might have missed. This was the first time I learned that cooking is not difficult, it is more of an art than a science or a mundane task. All you need is a help of some hands, a really good recipe, and most importantly - a good heart, a huge appetite, a stomach (if you understand what I mean) and taste of a food lover ...

Looking forward to cook more ....

Appreciations, Encouragements, Teasing, What's so great in it ? like comments ... Welcome !

17 comments:

Drunk Philosopher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
What's in the name said...

I want green not red...

Swayambhu said...

Chhanach ki boss...aata lagnasathi tayyar hotoys...hehe ;)

Aditi said...

shocking !!!!!!!!
but a pleasant one..
now we want a treat !!!

MS said...

good start my frnd. now the third semester belongs 2 u. treat us Mr Chef to some dishes now

Rohan Vishwasrao said...

chala.... tension gela... ata there are 5 cooks in the house.. we have have 5 different varieties during the weekdays. weekends for malladi and mantri..

anyway, sahi re OD! mala pan shikav.. :)
are ajun 1.. ata tandoori shikla ahes tar DUM-Biriyani pan shikun ghe...

Paresh said...

dude, i seriously cannot believe it that you are the hands behind that, Considering your past record, only omlettes, this seems a bit far fetched :P

Sooraj Purandare said...

kya bhiddduuuuuuuuuuuuuu....
bus yaar od che ata 2 ch vishay ahet.. tyamule he can dedicate more time in cooking :)
and we can expect more of these wonderful dishes..
laiccccccchhh bharrri..
babaji ani R.V la complex yeyil ashi disat hoti dish..
bekaar,,
eagerly waiting to try something :)

sach323 said...

ODDDDD !!! Those pics in blog yummy !! i cannt wait to eat that ...

Gaurav Mehya said...

kahi tari veg pan shikun tev....

Rakesh Vanamali said...

Yummm!!! Hum chicken khane ke liye kahin bhi jaayenge!! ;)

Shashi said...

chaha shikun ghe ata :)

Drunk Philosopher said...

Saala bass ek din tandoori kar ke thakk gaya tu....baad mein baingen bharte ka sapna dikha ke ditch kiya....bahut naa insaafi hain

Rahul said...

arre wah!! ani amhi kay chicken khanar ka?
veggie banav re omi!!

Unknown said...

OD...great man...your wife (honari)dont need to spend lot of time in kitchen..sahi re...

Anya said...

It looks yummieeeeeee......

greetings from Dutch
Kareltje =^.^=
Anya :)

Anonymous said...

Nice blog...
U write well :) and love the tag line of urs ...

-- Anon