Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day - What else ?

Alright, this fits quite well on a new year's eve but let me take this opportunity and say - Every valentine comes up with a new "hope". Sharp readers will certainly point out the pun intended here. I don't know about couples but I am trying to represent singles or so called lukhha community here on my blog. I took some time off to read around 2-3 newspapers today - they are almost completely filled with stories of how couples met 40-50 years ago and are still together, how did they celebrate their first valentine and all. Nobody, literally nobody wrote anything about single people. I think this is not fair and hence thought of writing something in support of singles.

Many people including those with whom I am quite acquainted and those whom I hardly know asked me a same question today - "What did you do on valentine's ?" I am damn sure many of those know the answer but they wanted to hear it from me. So here it goes -" Well, I did my assignment today - wrote a small recursive descent parser." Of course - when you are doing master's in my university and you are single then this is pretty much of what you can do ! Anyways, university and the-pain-of-being-there is a different story all together. Coming to the point of hope, every couple should try and find out their single friends and try to set them up somehow. Not to mention, they should do this while keeping in mind the mutual compatibility between both parties. That way, they can attain the real grace of cupid. Instead of cornering singles or almost denying their existence by NOT writing or mentioning anything about them on this day, they could do a real charity work. Nothing is more angelic or saintly than connecting two minds :-D

I am not saying that "It sucks to be single". There are certain advantages of being single which are already mentioned in my last year's post. But I could not see the mournful faces of some of my friends and can't stand up to the intensity of feelings that they are burying inside them. As a good friend, I owe them this post. I often hear it from people and many times see it in movies that everyone should fall in love at least once. But unfortunately, people forget that there are some living entities present on this mother Earth who are extremely eligible to be a couple one day. But they can't make it because they don't find the perfect match, this is not the lack of ability but the dearth of chance. When some gifted souls pass on the light to these (currently unfortunate ) guys, that day my friends , will be the REAL VALENTINE'S DAY for all of us.

Amen ...

15 comments:

Sooraj Purandare said...

singles rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I had an haircut :)
Nice post Onkar, but please don't call US unfortunate.

- Satish

Mohsin said...

gr8 gr8 post buddy..
yes, sometimes the hidden condescension of the question 'what u did for valentin?' really gets on my nerves..
but rejoice mate, we have the rest of the 364 days left to us ;-)

SINGLE ROCKS !!!

Sushrut Shirole said...

Ha Ha !! Bhaari !!
Btw kasa chaluye MS ?? Intern sathi interviews vaigare zale ka ??

Unknown said...

Really good one !!

Rahul said...

I think you should get married soon!!
load maat le yaar :-)

Rahul said...

Read this -
http://www.chiff.com/a/Valentines-Survival-Guide.htm

Kishor said...

ayla kamal ahe!

Anonymous said...

Nice post, dude!! but don't you think it's part of some frustation? Anyway, eventually happy to see at least u hav some 'hope'.

I'm giving you little extra hope.... better luck next time :D

- Ashish Ratnakar

vivek said...

Nice one :) I echo your views man, completely. But I always have this saying for singles like us man - " Nice guys, finish last" :) Don't they??

Unknown said...

Nice Blog!! Simple yet thoughtful!! Keep blogging :)

Ojas said...

hey nice one bro :) :)

Swayambhu said...

It so beautifully portrays the feelings of us Singles! Fantabulous Onkar...I alwys link my committed frnds (girls n boys both)...here...Wenevr they ask me y i'm single...hehe, so they get d msg...

Swayambhu said...

Awsm Analysis:::


http://en.nothingisreal.com/wiki/Why_I_Will_Never_Have_a_Girlfriend

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ROFL...
Amen ;)

-- Anon